Roots

An exploration by Chris Quigley and Raul Lansink into open source brands / brand participation / brand co-production . . . or whatever you want to call it. We 're not quite sure what to call "it", and one of the main objectives of this blog is to discover just exactly what "it" is.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Bonjour and the rest

I'm in France at the mo, taking a week off from work in London to think about the whys and wherefores of the world, e-democracy, brand participation and viral marketing.

I'm staying in my house in the foothills of the Pyranees. It's absolutely beautiful, with snow all around and the mighty white mountains leering in the background. I'm off skiing this wkend with some buddies from London - can't wait!

Although I haven't had many brand observations whilst in France as such, there is one striking thing about France - that is the fact that it is so amazingly wired up. I live in the middle of nowhere surrounded by cows, grass and mountains and yet I have access to broadband! It's amazing + also importantly it indicates where France should be heading, rather than it's present direction which seems to be backgrounds protected by its over-bloated subsidy system. Instead of their insessant complaining, they should be piorneering the first ever cyber-farms - allowing farm sick Britons to farm remotely via the power of the inter-web. Genius! (of sorts).

Anyway, enough bigging up of the French telco system - unfortunately I'm still actually only on a dial up, and it's killing me with its speed. . . so au revoir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home