Roots

An exploration by Chris Quigley and Raul Lansink into open source brands / brand participation / brand co-production . . . or whatever you want to call it. We 're not quite sure what to call "it", and one of the main objectives of this blog is to discover just exactly what "it" is.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Big brands big danger

I know this sounds like a party political ad campaign tagline - however I suppose this is what meant in a nutshell in my last post about the Arctic Monkeys and the the fall of Top of the Pops etc.

The point is that no brand, however historically powerful, is now infallible. Even brands like traditional banks are facing the potential threat of peer-to-peer lending networks like Zopa (www.Zopa.com) . . .

I suppose this is one of the main themes of this blog, and my present thinking . . .

One further thing: Tesco. I was at a dinner a couple of weeks back with a bunch of leading internet thinkers. One of them was from Tesco online. Interestingly, unlike most of us who were quoffing the wine like it was going out of fashion, he was furiously taking notes all evening.

My question: what's the threat to Tesco at present?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home